$5.95 BF (Board Foot)
Red alder tends to be a light tan to reddish brown; color darkens and reddens with age. There is no visible distinction between heartwood and sapwood. Large aggregate rays appear as occasional small streaks on the face grain that can be mistaken for defects in the wood.
Red alder is very easy to work with both hand and machine tools; it sands especially easy. The wood is rather soft, however, and care must be taken to avoid denting it in some applications. Turns, glues, and finishes well.
Common Uses: Veneer, plywood, furniture, cabinetry, millwork, pallets, musical instruments (electric guitar bodies), and chip/pulp wood.
Characteristics of Red Alder
- Avg. Weight Per BF 2.58/bf
- Rarity / Availability Readily Available
- Typical Avg. Width 4″ to 15″, can be found up to 24″ wide
- Typical Avg. Length 8′ to 16′
- Wood Uses Wood Carving, Cabinetry, Light Construction Work, Interior Trim for Boats, Toys, Doors, Plywood and many other uses
- Common 1 & 2, & FAS
USA & Canada
|Shipping Notice-Please Read||
Shipping costs are NOT included in the purchase price. Shipping is calculated separately. You will see a separate charge on your payment method (credit or debit card, PayPal, etc.)